Tuya Smart is a global IoT platform and the largest voice AI interactive platform in the world, that enables products smarter for consumers, brands, OEM manufacturers and retail chains.
Their products are connected in over 200 countries and regions, including China, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and other Asian countries, serving over 10,000 clients across the globe and reaching millions of consumers. Tuya Smart receives over 20 billion Device Requests daily, more than 6 million AI interactions every day.
In our review, we checked the latest wireless Door sensor from Tuya. We really enjoyed testing the small but powerful security companion. Let’s take a look at the complete review of the Tuya Wireless Door Sensor.
● It supports wireless connectivity through WIFI 2.4G.
● In case of any Tempered event, the sensor will send a notification to the app about the event.
● If the battery on the sensor is running down, it can detect the battery level and notify the user.
● The sensor is able to record all the open/close history which can be easily accessed through the app.
● Can be used in a variety of places like home, offices, garage etc.
The new Tuya magnetic door sensor comes in a decent white box with an image of the device on top. Also, there are two small images indicating the compatibility of the door sensor with Google Home and Alexa. The box has a blue shade on the side which looks sleek.
At the top there are small images which indicate that the sensor can be used with doors, main gates, drawer, and garage door, however, it can also be used with windows, cabinets etc. The overall dimension of the package is 410*82*48mm. Opening up the package reveals the following stuff
● 1x Door Sensor
● 1x User Manual.
● Besides, along with the door sensor, we received two 3M tapes and four Screws.
The wireless Tuya magnetic door sensor is entirely made out of plastic. It has a two-part structure, one being the magnet and another one is a sensor. The sensor body has a latch button, LED, button, and a tamper button. The overall dimension of the device is 76*40*20mm which makes it compact and portable. Due to its compact nature, it can be used with doors, windows, cabinets, etc.
Tuya door sensor can work in a temperature range of -10 C to 40 C while the storage temperature of the sensor is -40 C to 70 C. It can also work in the humidity range of 8% to 80% but anything above and below the limit may damage the device. It wireless door sensor is powered by 2xAAA batteries (not included) and the ultra-low power consumption of the device makes sure that the batteries will last longer.
The Tuya Wireless Magnetic door sensor is really easy to install and use. Just follow the steps given below to perfectly set up the device.
● Firstly, put two AAA batteries inside the sensor.
● There are two ways to mount the device on the door or window
○ Use the screws which comes in the box to mount the device.
○ Use the double-sided mounting tape to attach it to the wall, door, or window frame.
● Make sure that the arrow marks on the top of sensor and the magnet are pointing towards each other.
● Now, download and install the ‘Simple Home Connect’ app on your smartphone. It is available for both Android and iOS.
● Open the app and choose the “Add Device” option. Now select the ‘Door Sensor’ option from the list of products.
● Press and hold down the button on the sensor for 5 seconds until the red LED starts blinking fast or slow.
● Now, enter the Wi-Fi SSID and password to connect it with your WI-Fi network. After completing the Wi-Fi connection, you can rename the device.
● Remember if the app is working in EZ mode, the device must also be in EZ mode or if the app is set to AP mode, make sure the device is in AP too. The default mode is EZ.
Though it’s a small compact looking device, but there are various useful features that it can perform.
Once the sensor is perfectly placed and working, it will monitor if the door is closed or opened. In case of any tampering with the door, windows, cabinet or anything to which the device is connected, it will instantly send an alert to your smartphone. Also, if someone tampers with the device itself, it will send a notification within 10 seconds to the smartphone. There is a built-in redial feature which auto connects to the WiFI sensor after resetting the WiFi router. So stay stress-free always and keep your family safe.
The Tuya wireless sensor is compatible with Google Home and Alexa. It doesn’t require any Hub to connect you can simply use voice control with Amazon Echo and Google Home. Ask questions like “Alexa, is the window locked?” or “Hey Google, is the door locked?” to which the answer will be Yes or No depending upon the status of the sensor.
Tuya wireless sensor is powered by 2xAAA batteries (not included) and provide 24x7 monitoring. Due to the ultra-low power consumption, the batteries can last really long. Although, if the battery runs down, it will send an alert regarding the low battery status. So no matter if it’s day or night, you are always safe and secure with the wireless door/window sensor from Tuya
Another important feature of the Tuya wireless sensor is that it can record the Open/close history of the door, window or whatever it is attached to. The history can be accessed through the app on the smartphone. It shows when the door was opened or closed which help in tracking down any unwanted intrusion.
The Tuya Wireless door sensor can easily be installed either by using the mounting double-sided tape or the mounting screw. But the screw and tap come right in the box. Also, the sensor can work with a maximum of 1 cm Gap. There are no wires as the device is completely wireless and doesn’t require recharging. Also, setting up the sensor with the app is pretty easy too and just requires a few steps to follow.
The Tuya Wireless Door sensor was very easy to setup up and doesn’t require anything more than the stuff in the box. Connecting it with the app and Wifi is pretty easy too and once connected, it works great. We tried it on the door and faked some intrusions and the sensor was able to detect the intrusion everyone sensing the alert ASAP.
The sensor makes use of the magnetic fields to track when the door, windows etc is opened or closed. When the sensor separates due to the opening of the door, window etc, the disturbance in the magnetic field happens. At this point, the sensor sends a signal to the alarm which will they notify the unwanted intrusion inside the house. The accuracy of the sensor is on point and it is totally reliable.
Well, the safety of our family or other belongings is a major factor. The sensor can be installed in places like a door, closet, windows etc to track any intrusion. Also, the Tuya wireless door sensor is tamper-free so if anyone tries to remove it, the alarm goes on. It can also send instant notifications to the app. It can also record the open/close history so you can regularly check in any unwanted intrusion is happening or not.
Also, the sensor works with Google Now, Amazon Echo and other smart devices which makes it a perfect security companion. Another huge point in favor of the Tuya wireless door sensor is the price, it is so affordable that don’t have to think too much before buying one.
We have sent a verification email to %s., please verify your Email address for getting access for all features.
Let us know this email belongs to you,we sent a verification email to %s.